Thread: Retaining Wall?

Retaining Wall?

Greetings,

I'm trying to figure out how to properly setup the terrain elevation of my yard using BH&G Home Designer 6.0. I have a retaining wall at a certain point in the yard, but I can't seem to figure out how to make abrupt terrain evelvation changes. The build elevation tool always wants to try to make gradiants and it seems to cause problems when I place abrupt elevation changes (such as huge mounds or depressions).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim

The more terrain lines you enter, the more accurate your final view of the terrain will be.

For example, if I am drawing a terrain that is at a height of 0' for one side, then an abrupt change to 4' for the remaining terrain, I would start with two elevation lines, parallel to each other, just a couple inches apart. I can then leave one at a height of 0', the other at 4'. You will already see an abrupt change in a 3D view at this point, though the terrain will slope back to 0' the further from your 4' elevation line you get.

The more 4' elevation lines you draw, the more accurate the terrain will become.
    Matthew Sande
    Chief Architect Technical Services
    http://www.homedesignersoftware.com
    Click Here to Email Technical Support