Threaded View

Thanks for responding.

No, I never get crashes when using the Render Views. My NVidia drivers are recent, dated sometime in April 2004.

I get the most crashes when trying to work on roofs. Changing a roof plane outline is a sure way to get an Access Violation whenever you regenerate (F12). Also, double-clicking inside a "room" (that really isn't a room because it has "holes" through to the outside) is another way to make the program crash. I've gotten Assertion failures a few times, too. (I know what these are, since I develop software.)

I promise when I have reliable steps to duplicate some of these crashes/hangs, etc., I will report them. So far, I don't have enough experience to say I know the exact steps.

Of course I used the Skylight tool, but it doesn't appear to want to make a hole all the way through to a custom ceiling that DOESN'T follow the roof line. And it's the vertically slanted opening (in my case) between the roof and the ceiling that I'm having difficulties with. But my problem could just be inexperience.

Thanks.