Hybrid View

Copyright Information

I just purchased Home Designer and was wondering if I, as a graphic artist, may use illustrations created in Home Designer in paying applications (i.e. as an illustration on an internet site). Can anyone help me with an answer to this? Thank you so much.

Only a crazy person would give out legal advice in this day and age. Since most lawyers are crazy, I rest my case. Would you be saving your files as images and further rendering the files freehand in image editting software? It seems that would make them more than what could be duplicated in the program which makes them a unique work. Your electronic images should have some data encoded in the image as where and when they were created and on what computer. I always end text articles I write with a copyright notice, even though I do not register all of my work. I trademark some images with the tm, but again do not register them but do keep track of when they were created and first used. Since I do not use them on the internet for free scavenging, I don't view my work as vulnerable. I usually burn them all to CD with all of the information. My own hopeless method that would probably not be of any use should the need arise. It is better than nothing, and cheaper than a lawyer and formal registrations. If you really need an actual answer, please ask a lawyer, a crazy person who thinks they are a lawyer, or a crazy lawyer who thinks they are a person. Maybe someone on here does have an answer for you. Good Luck.
    HD Deluxe 7.08
    HD Pro 7.0

I'd agree: yes. You've licensed a tool to help you with your creative endeavors, not too dissimilar to Photoshop. (And about as complex, I might add.)
    John Horst aka "Coogan"
    Columbus, OH
    HDP 7.08a (I guess!)
    RLAEnterprises.net/HouseDesigns
    "Nothing is impossible for the guy who doesn't have to do it"

Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc