Change Platform Thickness??

I need to change the thickness of a platform to a smaller size. Cause I need to add some area around the pool. So I make an invisable wall and turn it into a room, then change the floor to river stone. Now when i do this then go to 3d view it show it as being 4" above the ground and i need it to be even with the ground and not be raised like that. Or is there a different way to do this??

If you are working on terrain you should probably use a terrain feature region rather than a room.

You can specify a height and it will follow the terrain.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

you mean the floor height?? Cause i want to change the Platform Thickness. In the Room Specification WIndow, The General Tab, I want to change "G" which is the Platform Thickness to 1 rather than 4.

ok i think i got it now, I did not realize that you could use negative numbers as floor height.

In suite you cannot change the platform thickness. It is calculated based on the type of material. If you use lumber it will be 12 inches if you use concrete or stone it will be 4.

I would suggest using a terrain feature region to see if this more appropriately addresses your needs.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

ok i got it fixed now.
    Last edited by arnolds; 05-24-2004 at 10:37 AM.