Question creating open air courtyard in cent of the house

I have a design that has two courtyards inside the mail exterior walls. One of the courtyards drew just fine, with the external wall siding facing the to the inside of the polygon. The other, however, wants to face the external wall to the interior part of the house. I have clicked on all of the walls, selected flip layers to change them. When I go to save the files, the system changes them back. Also cannot make the program understand there should be no ceiling or roof above the courtyards.

HomeDesignerPro 6.0

Thanks!

I am assuming that you are marking the courtyard room as Court. This defines the room as having no roof or ceiling. If this is the case and the court has the roof and ceiling attribute unchecked try rebuilding the roof. If that does not work we may need to look at the plan.

Also as I understand the problem you have the walls drawn with the siding on the wrong side then when you flip them they are on the right side. However when you save the plan and reopen it the plan reverts back to the original.

You might try saving the plan with a new filename then reopen it and see if we have the same problem.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

I could do this in Home Designer Suite. The one "trick" I had to use was to make sure the courtyard walls were connected to the outside walls. I used an invisible wall to do this.