Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Library Browser - How to get back to the right?

Dear All: I have HD deluxe 7.08. Last time I worked on my house design project I must have something to the Library Browser window. Since I installed this program, the Library browser was always vertically on the right of the screen.
    Suddenly (don't know why!!!) the Library Browser appeared horizontally, across the entire screen. Consequently, it pushed a big part of my house drawing downward. It definitely makes it impossible to work on the drawing and the Library Browser on the screen simultaneously. I have spent MANY hours trying to bring the Library Browser back to the right side of the screen, but I can't figure it out.

Is there anybody that could tell me how I change from the horizontal Library Browser back to the vertical Library Browser on the right side of the screen?

THANK YOU!!!!!
    Hans

Try reading this article and seeing if it helps:
    http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=179

Thanks, I will try that.

CRISW, unfortunately, your suggestion didn't help. I think, the technical note is more appropriate if the Library Browser has disapeared all together. In my case, the browser is there, but it is covering the entire width of the screen now, where it used to be like a column on the right hand of the screen.
    But, many thanks for your help!!!!

Hans

How can I place the Library Browser back to where it was?

Hi everybody,

HD Designer 7.08.

I don't know what I did, but suddenly the Library Browser column, that has always been to the right of the screen, is now across the entire screen, horizontally, covering about one third of the screen right below the main icons!

Can you tell me how I put it back again (right hand side of the screen) where it used to be?

I attached a snap shot from the screen.

Thank you very much for help!!

Nice regards,
    Hans
    Library.doc

Hans, I'm not sure I understand your problem, but I have Pro 6 and Home Designer suite 7. In HD suite 7, my library browser is on the right side, so I placed my cursor (cross hairs) on the vertical line of the browser on the left side, held down my left mouse button drug the tool bar to the left until it completely covered the screen. Then I placed the cross hairs (cursor) over the same vertical line, held down the left mouse button, then drug it back to the right until it was back in its original shape and size.

Try placing your cursor (cross hairs) to the left side of the screen until the two head arrow appears- then hold down the left mouse key and drag it back to the right until it locates where you want it.

That worked for me in HD suite 7. Hope you understand the explanation ok?
    BB

Dear "Wynter Myst"

Thanks for your hints. I would agree with you, this should be the way to reduce that window. However, the program doesn't offer me to drag the left side of the Library Browser window to the right. It does allow me to change the size vertically, however.

I have been trying so many things but nothing seems to help. All I can do is either show the library which doesn't allow me to see much of my house plans or to turn it off.

Previously, I did exactly what you suggested, I simply reduced the library browser to a small vertical column, allowing the plans to take up most of the screen. And, when I needed an item from the library I enlarged it a liitle. That worked great.

However, the library now stretches from the very left to the very right of the screen and if I want to see all of the (about) ten main library categories, I have only about one quarter of the screen left for the house plans.

I am starting to think that the only fix is to reload the program?!? What do you think?

Have a great weekend,
    Hans

Hans
    Place your mouse over the top of it.
    With the left mouse held down,then drag to the middle of the screen.
    It may take a few trys till you get it..
    This was hard for me at first,now it seems easy..
    Good luck..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Hi BB

Thanks for your hints. I totally agree with you, this should be the way to reduce that window. However, the program doesn't offer me to drag the left side of the Library Browser window to the right (anymore). It does allow me to change the size vertically, however.

I have been trying so many things but nothing seems to help. All I can do is either show the library which doesn't allow me to see much of my house plans or to turn it off.

Previously, I did exactly what you suggested, I simply reduced the library browser to a small vertical column, allowing the plans to take up most of the screen. And, when I needed an item from the library I enlarged it a liitle. That worked great.

However, the library now stretches from the very left to the very right of the screen and if I want to see all of the (about) ten main library categories, I have only about one quarter of the screen left for the house plans.

I am starting to think that the only fix is to reload the program?!? What do you think?

Have a great weekend,
    Hans

I am with Hans.....I can't move the library back to the side...it is only on the top and does not allow me to move it anywhere. I tried the above suggestions and they didn't work.....anyone have any more suggestions? thanks. moira

If your screen looks like the picture I have attached, move your cursor to the area I am pointing to in the picture. When the cursor turns into a double arrow, click and hold the left mouse button down and drag the window to the right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lib.JPG 
Views:	231 
Size:	171.6 KB 
ID:	4268  

hans, did you get a suggestion that actually worked? I am having the same problem as you. thanks. moira

I don't have the up and down scroll bar that's in your picture....I can get the double ended arrow, but it moves (opens or closes) the entire plan....as if the library browser is attached to the plan page rather than being separate. thanks. moira

Follow the directions in Allens post #4.

I just tried it and it works. Grab the Library in the middle and drag it quickly into the middle of the sceen.

unfortunately, that doesn't work here.....I have home designer suite 7.09 Don't know if that makes any difference. As I said, when I grab the library browser, the whole thing moves....not just the library.....eeegads!!!!!!