LDD7 update - missing or invalid Registry / INI entry

Was trying to download updates for Landscape and Deck Design 7.0 and this notice appeared. "missing or invalid Registry /INI entry. I have NO idea what this means. I also have Interior Design 7 and have been able to download in that program without any problems. Sure hope this isn't so technical that an "old lady" can't do it. Thanks for any help!

Searching Google for Home Designer and this error yielded the following result: http://www.chiefarchitect.com/suppor...?faqNumber=826. Chief Architect Help Database - Article Number 826
    Missing Registry.ini file error when running 11.3 program update.

Looks like the easiest thing to do would be to just reinstall the software because it wasn't installed correctly, or maybe your security software ran some kind registry cleaner thing that removed the entry that the update is looking for and reinstalling would replace it. But if you want to follow the steps in the article . . . Try substituting your version where it says Chief Architect.

DESCRIPTION
    When I try to run the program update, I encounter the following error message:

"Patch warning - Missing or invalid Registry.INI entry"

RESOLUTION

1. If Chief Architect is running, save your work and select File> Exit from the menu to close the program completely.

2. Right-click on the Chief Architect X1 icon on your Desktop and select Properties from the menu.

3. On the Shortcut tab of the Properties dialog, the Target field should be highlighted. If it is not, click and drag in this field to highlight all of the text.

4. Press Ctrl + C on your keyboard (the shortcut for Copy).

5. Click the Windows Start button and select Run.

* In Windows Vista, Run is available when you are using the Classic Start Menu.

6. In the Run dialog, delete whatever text is in the Open field, then press Ctrl + V (the shortcut for Paste).

7. The Target information that you copied from the Chief Properties dialog will now display in the Open field and your cursor will be blinking at the end of the text.

8. Type " /reg" - a single space followed by /reg (no quotation marks).

9. Click OK to close the Run dialog.

You should now be able to run the program update without additional difficulty.

If you get any other errors contact Technical Support.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

yikkes! This sounds kinda scary to me. Better try it in the morning when I'm more alert. I'm so afraid of really messing something up.

Thank you so much for the info - will let ya know how I do.