Building height in Suite 7?

Is there any easy way to calculate building height in Suite 7, including the roof? I just found out that the county where we'll be building changed their building height determination method, and I need to figure out whether our house will still fit! I don't see any obvious way of doing this.

simply do the math. In other words; you know how wide the house is at the outside of the frame or veneer dimension, lets use 30'. Assuming you have a standard (not special roof design) you know the pitch lets use 6" of rise in 12" of run. The center of the ridge would be 15' from the outside wall, multiplied by .5 or 6" of rise per foot of run, and you have 7'-6" of total rise in your roof. You add that dimension to the over-all top of top plate from finish floor elevation and that's your total height.

Hope that helps.
    BB

Yeah, I can do the math- I was looking for the lazy way

I'll try the CAD lines and see if that works.

The new county rule is "from the average of the points in contact with graded areas to the average of the highest roof planes." So my daylight basement would not have counted towards building height under the old rules but does under the new ones. Which means I now have to be concerned about the height of my observation tower...

I don't think suite will let you draw cad or dimension lines in elevation views.

One lazy way is to create an elevation view, place a soffit, and then resize it so that it goes from the ground all the way up to ridge. When you resize the soffit you shouldl get the height dimension.

You can add this to your list of 101 ways to use soffits...

Clever, clever idea!

Someone should write a book about those ever-useful soffits...

Yup I just tried it in 6 and it is one of the best work-a-rounds I have ever heard..
    We're so proud
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	soffit.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	1695  
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/