Concrete garage floor

I've created a garage by double-clicking the enclosed area and choosing "garage" from the drop-down list. It seems the default floor is the natural terrain, and I can't find a way to change it. I'd like my garage to have a concrete floor. How do I accomplish this?

When I tried what you did my floor was concrete and not terrain. But I also noticed that when you open up the room dialog and change the floor material that it doesn't do anything. The dialog says the right flooring but it still shows up as the original material. I couldn't find anywhere to change the default material but the spraycan seemed to work. Have you tried using the spraycan yet?

We are currently testing an update to both the suite and the pro products. This is a pre - release update but our internal tests show it to be very stable. I am not certain but I do think there may have been a problem in some cases where we did not cut a hole in the terrain that possibly was fixed in this update.

If you want to download it click on help > Download program updates and follow the instructions. Let us know if this resolves the problem.

Another reason for getting two materials in a room is having a room contained completely inside another room without connecting walls. This typically happens in basements when you build a second framing wall inside the concrete wall.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Probably just my inexperience, but I got the concrete floor in place today by making sure I was on the foundation plan (floor 0) when I double-clicked to open the room properties. From there, I could choose a material (concrete was already the default).

I'm not sure how I was even able to name the room when I was on the floor 1 plan, because today it won't let me. I suppose it makes some kind of sense to have the garage floor be part of the foundation plan, because it is at a lower level than the main floor.

You should be able to name the Garage when on the first floor. The problem is likely a wall set to no room definition or one that is not completly connected. If you still cannot get room definition on the first floor check those.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc