Thread: Deleting files

Deleting files

How do I delete a floor plan from HDS 6.0? If I click a file it just opens up, and I sure can't delete it then. Thank you.

You can delete a plan using the file open dialog without opening it but I recommend using Windows Explorer instead. The program will create mulitple files for every plan and if you want to delete them all, you are better off doing this in Windows.

Your explorer is probably set to open files like they are hyperlinks. That is the default setting for Windows XP.
    Do this, hold the cursor briefly over the file you want to delete and right click for the menu. It should have the option to delete the file. Make sure its the right one.

On a side note: In the version 7 products such as Landscaping and Deck Designer and Home Designer Deluxe the files are now saved in a single file with a .plan extension. This makes file management much easier and you can delete and rename the plan from the file open/save dialog.

For version 6 users please do not rename your files unless you rename all of the .pl? files as this will separate the floor and you will get a missing floor message next time you open the plan.

The Best solution is to use File> Save As...

As always make backup copies of your important files.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc