"break line" tool

Don't know if this is a common problem; I've searched the forum and don't see any other reports of it...

I am having great trouble with the Break Line tool. Single-clicking to produce a pivot point works great. But, 9 times out of 10, double clicking to get a complete break results in a pivot point being inserted and then the DBX for the line being opened, instead of a complete break. I've tried all different double-click speeds and all different settings for my double-click speed in the Control panel, but none seem to work. It does work sometimes- just not with any consistency!

Any ideas?

With polylines the tool inserts pivot points but this doesn’t work with walls as far as im aware. So double clicking will either create two breaks or open the wall dbx.
    Pip
    HD Pro 2012

I have HD Pro 6, and only have to click once to get a break in the wall. Some times, after clicking one time, the usual break line DOES NOT APPEAR however, the break will still be there anyway. If I double click as you suggest, then the wall dbx opens.
    BB

With polylines the tool inserts pivot points but this doesn’t work with walls as far as im aware. So double clicking will either create two breaks or open the wall dbx.
    I am talking about the "break line" tool, not the "break wall" tool, in case this wasn't clear. So, for example, when going through the great screen porch tutorial at http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=760 there is a point where you break the line of a created slab twice. I'm having the same problem with roof plane edges. It's that action I'm having trouble with. Single click- no problem. Double-click- much harder (but not impossible) to get it to work. Almost certainly some type of user error, but the user can't figure out how to correct the error.