Question A quick dormer/roof

Hi, I'm really getting into this - hmm, I didn't get much sleep last night looking at the different possibilities!

I've managed to get a good approximation of the building already. My question is - is it possible to extend the roof below the window. The program has the roof configuration shown on the left and right hand dormer window, and I've done an example of what I'm after in a graphics program on the middle window. The wall of the house is on the same vertical plane from the ground to the top of the window gable.

Is this difficult to do?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pic2a.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	80.9 KB 
ID:	1729  

I forgot to say, it's landscape designer 7.5.

Yeah, there was a lot of reading around the subject for that roof! I bought the package because the plot is just lawn and concrete and definitely needs jazzing up.

I think I might have a solution to this problem. I've been looking at the Cape Cod house in the examples section and they seem to have done the same dormer style on that. I've been playing with the app for a while now, so I think I might have worked out how they did it.

I don't get it.
    How come you can do this on the middle dormer and not the outside ones?
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

Hi Larry, I mocked up the middle window in the graphics program to give an example of what I was after.

I think that I might have found a make-do solution though. It's a bit clunky but gives me the look and feel that I need so that I can get on with the garden design. I created the dormers using information in the H&G database. Then the roof on the top floor was given "high shed" type gable on each end. The non-gable walls on the top floor front and back were then moved inwards by a couple of inches so that the roof assigned to the ground floor appears. This allows the short shallow section of roof assigned to the bottom floor to be displayed.

Unfortunately the gables aren't very tidy, but I imagine I could sort that out if I upgraded.

Anyway, it is close enough to allow my wife and I to start planning the garden for next year.

phew.

p.s. I've attached a photo of my house for real, and my virtual version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	realhouse.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	1749   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	virtualhouse.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	1750  

That's quite an impressive mountain in the back ground!

Funny thing is people I have talked to with mountains hate them after about 5 years. Everybody else loves them. I get reports of "you have such a nice clear sky. I hate something following me around all the time".

Funny thing, we always seem to want what we don't have...LOL

Yup Jas: there is always a way to do it. Sometimes a lot of thinking but a way.
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.