Tracing a sketch

I have a friend, who would like for me to model his existing plan he built a couple of years ago. I originally did the Elevations and floor plan with Home Architect 3-D vs 4.0 (by Broderbund) with limited design capabilities in that program of course. I tried the search data base and may not be using the right "key-word" for the search. He and wife, want to do some redecorating, as well as add a large family / Florida type room and ask me do draw it for them. I know for the most part I can open the HA 3-D 4.0 plan with Pro 6, because I've done that, however, I get a lot of colors, materials and other files that are not supported error messages. So, I have two options probably, (1) open the file, with Pro 6, and retrace everything all over, hopefully building all new walls and setting all tlhe materials etc. or (2) try a scan of the 1/4" floor plan and start from scratch. Any reco's on past experiences? They'd also like for me to use "photos" of materials and paint color schemes they've found, but I am not good yet at importing new materials and images and again, the exact how-to help I am still working on.
    Thanks
    BB

Hi BB
    Materials you can just exchange for different ones,that should get rid of the error messages.
    Importing new materials is easy.
    It might be easier to start over because of the advances in the software.
    That is what I would do..
    If you can open the floor plan in Pro and export either a picture or cad file to trace over..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/