Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shed dormer

got it!

I lowered the pitch to 4:12, and that worked. (Placed knee wall towards the center of the house, inserted auto dormer, changed roof to "shed," lowered pitch to 4:12, pulled walls to desired width.)

I did finally have to open a new plan and start again, b/c every time I tried to widen the shed dormer, it would be absorbed into the main roof if I went "too wide." Bit annoying.

Anyway, it seems to be working now. Thanks for all of your help.
    ann
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rear_shed.jpg 
Views:	351 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	999  

Gable in shed dormer

Does anyone know how to add a gable above a window in a shed dormer? The right click option is not available when the window is placed in a dormer.

Ken
    Home Designer Deluxe 7.08

Did you make the dormer using the automatic dormer tool, or did you do it manually? If you used the dormer tool, you should be able to click on the dormer in plan view, open the dormer dialog, and change the roof style from shed to gable. I don't think you can do this in a camera view though. If you built your dormer manually, you need to select the front wall and change the roof style on the roof tab and then rebuild your roof.

shed dormer on a cape

Can anyone point me in the right direction to get information on constucting a shed dormer on a cape? I'm not sure of the wall settings? i have HD 8

thanks all

From your other post about the porch roof, it looks like you've answered this question yourself.
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Pro 10