Hybrid View

HDP 7 only showing default wall type

Hello, I'm a newbie. I was working through the tutorial in the User's Manual, and my program seems to offer only the default wall type in the drop down list for wall type definitions. I was trying to set a wall type for an exterior wall. No other wall types are shown (siding-6, etc.). Is there a setting I am not using?

Thanks,
    Jim
    Last edited by Jim D; 08-31-2007 at 11:29 PM.

The flle does appear to be missing. I tried the simple reinstall, then I uninstalled the program and performed two clean installs, one using the "typical" option and the other using the "custom" option with all of the features selected. All reinstalls were performed with all security features of my Norton security programs turned off. Still no luck. Also, I cannot locate the file on the installation CD's, but it is possible that the file is compressed or part of another file under another name.

I'll give tech support a call on Tuesday and then post the answer in case anyone else ever comes up with the same or similar problem in the future.

*Edit* I performed a search of all *.dat files, and I found Iwalllay.dat (three l's). For some reason the program is not linking to it.

Jim
    Last edited by Jim D; 09-02-2007 at 12:08 PM.