Thread: Foundation HELP

Hybrid View

In normal conditions, yes the foundation is at -14; I was just curious as to IF there is a possible way of getting the sunroom's exterior of the foundation to appear as though it is in alignment with the rest of the foundation, so that you can not tell from the outside that the sunroom is sunken. I guess you could say that I want a cosmetic coverup for the sunken room.

It's nothing to stress about, I don't think we can do it in HDPro, I just wanted to see if anyone has done it before.

Right now I am fighting with the program to let me have a roof over the screened in porch off the kitchen. It wants to give me walls all the way to the second floor. Watch out HDPro, I am out to get you because Kilgore gave me instructions once before.
    Home Designer Pro 10

I think this is what would be called a pony wall. The bottom 14" would be the same as your foundation, and the top 83 1/8" or whatever would be your usual siding. Just a guess -- I haven't actually done this.

I don't know about your porch problem. Sounds like you might have to resort to.... [ music from Jaws... ] manual roof planes!!
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 X5 X4 X3 X2 -- Thea Render
    www.castleview3d.com
    Email: kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"
    Follow CastleView 3D on Facebook or Houzz

Now that is one suggestion that I never thought off, only because I have never played with pony walls, and from what I have been reading, they scare the living daylights out of me. But since this is only a trial and error house, using every little piece of advice obtained from this forum, tutorials, and the BHG Database, I guess it would hurt to see what results I would get by using a ponywall.
    Home Designer Pro 10