Hybrid View

Framing - How de doo dat?

Is there some special trick to getting the frame work to show up? I click on various button icons for framing and I never see the frame work like Pamlam pic shows. The closest I get is seeing the foundation only, even though there is a complete building sittiing on top of it. I would love to see how my current project looks in the framing stage, but I don't know the secret.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Hi Dee
    Did you fix your foundation?:mad: Starting a new thread before you get the old one fixed
    You need to build framing first and then use that camera view..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

No, teacher, I did not do my homework. The dog ate it. So there, what yah gonna do about dat.

Seriously, I want to finish making my little library dictionary today (I am up to page 55), get all the downloaded images defined in my material list, and then probably somewhere around 2AM I'll be ready to resume my project.

I am going to get this one totally done; I just side-track myself alot, from restlessness and boredom. Got to have at least three things going at the same time.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Okay, Allen, homework turned in for grading.

It worked perfectly for me, at least the outside, haven't checked for errors from inside yet.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Now, can I please have the answer to my question about framing?
    Home Designer Pro 10

Quote Originally Posted by Allen42ACJ
    Hi Dee
    You need to build framing first and then use that camera view..

HUH ?

I don't believe this, I just clicked on submit with just the above; I got told my response was too short and I needed at least 10 characters. LOL
    Home Designer Pro 10

Do you have the framing turned on in 2 and 3-D? I think it's off my default.
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

In Pro, you have to build the framing to see it. In Deluxe and the other programs, you can only see the framing in a "framing view" and the program builds it automatically for you.

Open the Build Framing dialog and check the appropriate boxes for the framing you want to build, such as wall and roof. Typically, I check all the little boxes to build all of the framing in the model. You can then go into the display options dialog and turn on or off the framing you want to see in plan view or in your camera views.

Kilgore,

Um, uh, can I do that with an existing floor plan?
    Home Designer Pro 10

You can build and then rebuild framing anytime you want. And after you have built the framing, you need to rebuild it everytime you change anything that affects framing, like moving a wall or window. And, if you modify any framing, your changes get tossed when you rebuild it. This is why I always wait until the design is almost done before I start even thinking about framing.

Thank you much, off to try again. Going to save this tid-bit for future reference.

See you all a little later.
    Home Designer Pro 10