Threaded View

Email with cell number and sample drawn plan (with HD) sent.

I am attaching what I have drawn so far hereto.

For anyone interested, here are some of the things my addled mind is thinking late tonight.

" I have worked tonight to get the rough dimensions in HD. I placed appliances and such to help me with the dimensions. I’m pretty burned out on it right this moment, but, a fair start. It is clear to me, after placing some furniture and appliances I have a long way to go before reaching anything remotely similar to final dimensions, but, like I said, a start.

I don’t know if you can see HD files, but, on the chance you can, I’m sending one of my renditions.

Debbie and I both like lots of room and an open design. As you can see, the outdoors is the major attraction of the area, but, the home should in some way measure up to the environment. I suspect I will pass from this world before my wife and she may wish to sell and move into town. She is a “city” girl at heart. Even if she decides she likes the country living, I doubt our children (currently 22 year old son and 21 year old daughter) will ever move out there, so, there needs to be a home suitable for selling on the 70 acre farm with 1.6 acre pond in front of it.

I figure square footage (heated) between 2,500 and 3,250. Of course, we can and probably will add some of that square footage with an upstairs as it generally is cheaper to build out BUT with the cathedral ceilings in the master bedroom and great room, the design doesn’t really make bonus rooms upstairs seem so easy.

The cathedral ceilings in the BR and Great room are important to us so we want to keep those. I realize that design is a give and take and that money matters a lot. My father (deceased), my brother and cousin most often lose money when they tried to satisfy new owners with change orders who really didn’t want to pay for the changes in the end. I also believe with the expansion of the square footage, I want to keep in mind standard lumber lengths so as to minimize waste. In the simplest of explanations, if you look at a 4’ x 8’ sheet of plywood and my design calls for using only 6’ of the length, I am throwing away 8 square feet for each sheet of plywood not to mention the labor involved in the special cut and the cost of landfill space.

Quite frankly, all that boggles my mind."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sample drawn floorplan.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	2068