Threaded View

In my picture, I just raised the ceiling height for the back part of the house and left the 2 front sections default. It was hard to tell from the picture you posted exactly what your house looks like. To make this a 2 story design instead, you just need to build the second floor, and then edit your walls to make sure the second floor is only over parts you want. One good tip here is to turn on the reference display to make sure you get your walls right relative to the first floor.

I recommend getting your house "shell" correct, or as close as you can get it first, before you start worrying about any of the interior details. Landscape and Deck Designer will be able to do some of your interior work but Interior Designer, Suite, or Deluxe will be able to do a much better job and each of these would be compatible with L&DD.

"Time is what I'm short of" trying to learn new software while trying to meet a deadline is always a tricky combination. For some people, it works much like getting tossed into the deep end of the pool to learn how to swim. It's sink or swim time.