foundation underground

Hey,

My house is about 5' off the ground on a brick and block foundation. The attached garage is at ground level. I set the foundation height at 5' and built it using the first floor walls.

When I do a view the house is all on the same level, surrounded by pretty green grass. If I look under the grass by moving the camera down there is the foundation. Maybe that is where it belongs because it IS a foundation but my house and deck are off the ground.

And while I have got everybodys attention, what is a good way to align a first and second floor walls. I it hard to blindly move it and then have to go to a camera view to see if it is right. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Try changing your floor heights in your room dialogs. If you raise your floor heights, it should make your building higher relative to the ground.

Try turning on the Reference Display (look under the Tools menu). This should help when aligning your first and second floor walls.

There is an option in both the Suite and the Pro version to auto calculate the elevation for your house. In Pro you can turn this option off. We do this so that you can use actuall terrain elevation data around your house and have the house show up at the correct height not at sea level.

This is a very powerful feature of both Suite and PRO. In Suite we always auto calcualte the height which makes it difficult at times to get your house where you want it. In PRO you can turn this off and set your house at the height you desire.

Finally once you have your walls over each other there is an option to align with below or align with above in the wall dialog itself. As stated earlier you can turn on your reference display and then be able to get the walls close. Next use the align with above or below function to align the main layers of the walls.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

See the announcement section and download the 6.04 beta update. We now have an option in Suite to disable the auto calculate elevation. I have tried this and you can now control the height of a building in the terrain in Suite quite nicely. We added this in the update because it became apparent that the feature was getting in the way of the powerful terrain features of Suite especially when trying to create a simple walk out basement.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Where in the app can I toggle the auto elevation feature on and off?

Thanks

There is a checkbox in the terrain dialog called Flatten Building Pad. I think this will turn off the auto calculation of the elevation. I also think this will only appear if you have installed the update.