Thread: Ghost Piers

Hybrid View

Ghost Piers

I have been working on a design for my house now for some hours using HD 6.0.4.
    I have noticed quite a few problems in the 3D viewer in this program one of which I have posted here. (The camera controls are atrocious, check out Myth from Bungie or Quake for proper use of keyboard and mouse to control camera in a 3D environment)

Anyway, I installed decking around the house by using the room box wizard and then selecting build house. I recently deleted the deck and the piers for the posts are still in the 3D image.

As you can see in the picture I have attached.

Does anyone know how to delete these piers? They do not appear on the floor plan. They cannot be deleted in the 3D view and when selected only bring up a slab dialog box with no option to delete.

TIA
    Archon
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am not getting the same results as you. If I create a deck and then remove it, the piers go away automatically. I tried a bunch of different things and could not get the piers to stick around.

I would say that you should report it to tech support.

Well my piers go away too if I just create a deck using the build tools.

However, I created this deck with the room wizard. I created baxes for all rooms including the decks outside and then selected "build house". Then later I decided to remove the decks and the piers stayed.

To remove these footings simply turn on the Footings, Post layer in your display options.

Next hold down the shift key and drag a marquee around them. You can then delete them.

Also check to see if the room boxes for your deck are still in the plan. You can turn room boxes back on to check this.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, it didn't work exactly that way. The piers are not visable on any layer and when I shift dragged a selection box on the Foundation layer I got nothing.

However, when I shift dragged on the first floor plan I got an empty object box that had a slab dialog when I chose to look at the object.

Anyway, I shift dragged all the way around the outside of the house and selected the invisible piers and then deleted them now the "ghost" piers are gone.

Thanks again for the suggestion and hopefully others can get a tip from this.

Archon
    Last edited by Archon; 10-14-2005 at 11:52 AM.

I got a look at the plan you sent to to our support department.

As you may have already discovered you can show or hide the room boxes for the house wizard and although you deleted the deck railings the deck room boxes were still there.

Also in reading my previous answer I gave you instructions as if you were using Home Designer Deluxe. In Suite those instructions, as you discovered, do not work.

To make the piers go away in Suite:

1) On the tools menus select House Wizard> Show room boxes

2) Next delete the deck room boxes

3) Finally rebuild the terrain.

You should now have no piers.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc