landscape beds next to the house?

Hello,

I just started using the Landscaping and Decking software last night and already have some questions. How do I draw a bed next to the house, but I don't want the bed to go all the way around the house as in the tutuorial? Do all the lines of the bed have to be outside of the house outline? I placed some beds using the kidney shaped tool that overlapped the house and they appeared ok on the 3d view, but you can still see the line inside the house on the 2d view. Will the lines show up when I print the 2d view. I really don't need the 3d modeling. I do need a clean 2d printout though. thanks for the help.

Use the terrain feature specification. This is the same construct as the garden beds.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

I guess I don't understand your response. I used the bed tool, but I can't get the bed to stop at the wall of the house. Is there somewhere better written directions can be found for this program? The supplied booklet and the help tool in the program are quite lacking. I expected to have at least some level of explanation for each tool in the program. VERY DISAPPOINTING

Don't use the bed tool. There is another tool that the bed tool is based on called a terrain feature. It is on the same toolbar as the bed tool and is rectangular.

The terrain feature specification allows you to change edges to arcs, add new corners, and gives you complete control over the shape.

This uses a default material of concrete instead of bark but that can easily be changed by using the material painter or adjusting the material.

We also include a PDF version of a 160 page user's guide off the help menu. This has much more detail than the printed user guide that comes with the product.

The terrain Feature tool is covered on page 48 of Printed User Guide.

You might also check out this online support article which uses the terrain feature region to create a planting bed.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=707

Starting on page 135 of the pdf user guide is a complete explanation of the toolbar buttons. This is accessed by selecting help> view user guide.

You can also search the help file by content and under Toolbar Buttons is a complete description of each one.

As you can see there are a lot of resources available in addition to the manual that explain each of the tools.

If these are not enough we also offer online one on one training classes in the use of any of our products.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc