Threaded View

One riser between 2 landings?

I'm trying to connect 2 parallel stair sections with a rectangular landing -simple. Now I want -1- riser in the center of the landing, dividing the rectangle into two (roughly) square landings with no tread.

I haven't been able to create two landings and join them together with a riser between them.

I've tried making a 1 tread stair section with a 48" wide x 48" long tread and attaching it at 90 degrees to a 4' square landing at the top of the lower stair section. Then, continuing with a "normal" stair attached to the "big" square tread at 90 degrees.

I've also tried making a 180 degree curved stair section with only 2 treads and attaching it to the lower and upper "normal" stair sections. Hoping that I could edit the result into the landing described above.

In both cases, it was difficult to get the sections to join and when they did, the result snaped to a totally different configuration.

I'd also like to see an easy way to divide the two square landings into four 45-45-90 triangular treads to make up the single rectangle - this can probably be done with a 180 degree winder - and a lot of work.

I am using HD Pro 6.0.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Jeff