Material File Location

Dumb question, but I wanted to make sure before I did something REALLY dumb and could not undo it;

Can downloaded materials and object symbols files, that are located in the LIBRARIES, not the core library, be saved to an external drive instead of to the C:\; or does it play havoc with HDPro finding the files?
    Home Designer Pro 10

Yes, under the preferences it is possible to change the location of several files. I have tons of space left.

PS: I was reading the tutorial book I had purchased last year (not realizing that it was for PhotoShop) and there is a warning that PS will take up massive amounts of disc space and that they recommend that you do save backups of your work to an external drive.

Even though you "suggested" that perhaps I should not move files around, I went ahead and did it anyhow. Interesting side note: when I moved the items that the Help Index said I could move it appears that the relocation also speeded up the application start-up. I find that in the Libraries objects and textures now pop-up a lot faster than before.

I guess the file downloads are not competing for the same space allocated to the actual program. Can't explain it, but I like it.
    Home Designer Pro 10