Thread: Plan reversal

Plan reversal

My wife and I just purchased a house. I purchased the Home Designer Deluxe software so we can plan layout the rooms and plan finishing the basement. I spent more than 30 hours laying out the exterior and interior walls complete with radiator covers, existing lighting, electrical outlets, kitchen cabinets and fixtures, bathroom cabinets and fixtures...etc. I now have a great plan from which to begin changing wall colors, laying out furniture, and finish the basement by laying out a family room/entertainment room.

There's just one problem. I started the plan with the front of the house at the top of the plan. Now, every time I enter any of the 3D overview views, I end up looking at the back of the property. So, I end up fiddling with rotating camera views just to get a good look at the house.

I haven't entered any survey data into the terrain as yet.

This isn't a major concern at the moment as it's November and aside from raking leaves and winterizing the sprinkler system, I'm not going to do any landscaping until spring.

Is there any way of rotating the plan on the terrain so the house is facing the right way? Should I simply start a new plan and drudge through entering all the the info again with the correct orientation? Should I just live with it? How many of you made this mistake when you first fired up the software? I know that I can just put in an arrow to signify the direction of North, but it's really the initial camera view that I would like to change.

I know there's a "reverse plan" button but that only seems to do a left/right mirror image...handy when designing a new house and planning flow...but, that's hardly helpful in my situation.

Is there anyone else up at 3:40 in the morning?

Mud
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog is too dark to read. ~ Groucho Marx

I am assuming you are using PRO 6.

If you select Edit> Edit area> Edit area all floors you can highlight the plan and rotate it to any angle you like. (note this is different than rotate view)
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc