Hybrid View

My plan is almost 1.2 MB. It will only ZIP down to 275KB. The file size limit is 100 KB. Is there any other program other than WINZIP that can make the zipped file smaller??
    John Truchan
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a

Would have sent you a private message, but your profile is not set up to receive PMs.

If you were to click on Allen or my name you would see that we both have access to the PM.

You may need to go back and edit your profile. PMs are places where we might advise you of an email address for you to send your zipped file.
    Home Designer Pro 10

I have had similar things happen to me...where the wall keeps snapping back no matter how hard you try to move it. Usually, if I persist, it gives up and I win.

I believe that this is an anomoly of the software...much like when you shut down your computer incorrectly and little bit & bites attach themselves where they don't belong and strange things start to happen.

Have you tried removing the deck so that you base plan is clean...saving that file again, and re-installing the deck?

Often a removal and a new, clean install will let you manipulate walls that were being difficult to move for no aparent reason.
    Although simpe at first glance, these software packages are actually fairly complicated as to what & how they do their job, so strange things can happen depending on the combination/order of key strokes you may have come up with. You can test software for years and not come up with all of the possible kestroke combinations and the results they may bring.
    Joel Nuss
    HD 7.09

Joel,

Leave it to you to come up with the obviously "simple" solutions; while Allen and I were too busy looking at the technical solution.

Gee, that is what I get for getting up at 3AM.

Dee
    Home Designer Pro 10

PM enabled

OK I have PM enabled. Please send me a email address to send my plan. Thank You
    John Truchan
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a

John,

I was able to reproduce this on my computer.

After trying a number of manipualtions I found one condition that generated the error you describe and it is related to nudging the connecting wall to far out. I'm not saying it's the ONLY condition out there, but this one did the trick. Not sure if this helps.

Perhaps Allen will be able to find the real reason.

OOOPS! sorry. Didn't realize the problem was already solved... I'm wasting your time.