Thread: Skylights

Hybrid View

Skylights

I bought HD Suite 6.0 and I am really sorry I spent $100 on this program when it does stuff like this.

Look at these skylights. Notice anything wrong?

The rendering part of this program has a lot of issues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Problems like this should be submitted to technical support for evaluation. Please contact us a 208.292.3375 for assistance with this. We may need to look at a copy of the plan to determine the exact problem.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Light Pipes

I managed to "mount" a skylight in the kitchen just fine. I do have several interior rooms and a stairwell that I would like to illuminate with "light pipes" or "solar tubes". Some suggestions? Is there something in the CA library that could work in HD Pro 7?

Thanks for a great, confidence building, application.

BG
    Last edited by billgilbert; 05-31-2007 at 08:23 PM.

Solar Tubes

Thanks - I found several solatude references on ChiefTalk including a method to diy. I'll see if I can work something.

It seems best to start a new thread for a question like this, which does not relate to the original year and a half old post.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

You would be better posting a link to the post with the download rather than posting the symbol..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

I have them every now and then
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

I'm new so please forgive my ignorance. How & where do I add .alb files? I'd like to try the solatube in this thread. I'm using Suite 7.09. I've figured out how to add materials by searching this forum and I've learned a lot from here so far, but I can't find any .alb file specific topics.

We all have been having a running conversation regarding Material Libraries because several of us have download ALB files from ChiefTalk.

They are zip files and you need to redirect the download to your HD programs folder "Libraries", once extracted the contents of the ALB files mostly download to the appropriate category folders, sometimes some stuff ends up in a wierd location, such as in a category that does not seem to be connecting the dots, but they are easy to move around.

Just type "Material Libraries" into the search box on this page and you will find 239 postings about the subject.
    Home Designer Pro 10