Hybrid View

2 Color walls in Interior Designer

How do I add 2 colors to a wall? The main purpose for buying Interior Designer was to visualize various color sets in a new office I am moving into. Unfortunately I can't seem to make 2 colors show up on the wall... only one. Don't tell me this is yet another planned limitation of Interior Designer? So far I am very dissapointed with this software.

On another note... it seems that no matter how hard I try the floor is invisible and I can only see the backdrop... so I have grass floors :-) I picked carpeting but it doesn't seem to show up. Arrrghhh!

Thanks for your help... I seem to need it often :-(

Use the Wallcovering tab in the room dbx to set as many different colors for the walls as you'd like. They can't overlap, though. So for example you can set one color from 0-36" then another from 36"- 97 1/8" or whatever your ceiling height is.

If you don't want to apply the different colors to every wall in the room, then just use very thin soffits (look under the Cabinet module) of the heights and colors you need stuck to the walls.

Interior Designer is actually a pretty powerful program given its cost -- you just have to be patient, and learn how to use a few work-arounds for the features it doesn't have.

Regarding your carpet/grass problem, it sounds like all your walls aren't joined together exactly and so the program isn't seeing that as a "room" which needs a floor. Zoom in and make sure all wall ends are properly aligned.
    Kathleen Moore
    Chief X6 X5 X4 X3 X2 -- Thea Render
    www.castleview3d.com
    Email: kathleen.moore@castleview3d.com
    Blog: "Life Should Be 3D"
    Follow CastleView 3D on Facebook or Houzz

Quote Originally Posted by dr0591
    If you don't want to apply the different colors to every wall in the room, then just use very thin soffits (look under the Cabinet module) of the heights and colors you need stuck to the walls.
    I don't think that this is necessary. I have Deluxe, but I believe that I saw a dbx posted that showed Interior Designer has the Wall Covering tab for the walls as well. So you should be able to just apply wall breaks and put in your appropriate wall covering colors w/out having to use soffits . . .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WallCovering.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	2535  
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

For some more info, see the thread too:

http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=3559