Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harris fire

Hybrid View

Hi, there, Cris,

It seems as though our posts crossed each other, even though you posted yours a minute before I did. Glad to hear that you're OK!

My husband was just saying that in the event your house was affected, the one thing you should secure is your computer so that you can continue to keep in contact with us. I responded that I hope that you do secure your computer because you have spent a lot of time and effort designing your lovely future home and it would be a shame for you to have to start all that work again from scratch.

To be honest, though, better to have to re-draw than to rebuild so continue to be safe and keep us apprised.
    BERNADETTE GRANT
    Legal Assistant by Day - Designer by Nite
    HD Pro 7.08b
    Divorced from VISTA ... Happily Reunited with XP

You are going to love this: if we ever were to get evacuated, besides important papers, pictures, etc. that can not be replaced; I get to take all cameras, video cams, laptop, and computer + programs; he is willing to leave all his rifles behind. We spent the afternoon going through my mom's, my son's, and our paperwork to determine what has to be taken, and what can be left behind to burn. Placed them all into a single suitcase --- grab and go file cabinet.

Cris, glad you are able to respond to all of us as we are concerned about your family's welfare in these trying days of YUK. Good thing schools are closed.
    Home Designer Pro 10

What we took with us were, first of all, our dogs and cats- and secondly, our computers! For me, that incluuded my USB backup drive and all my DVD backup disks.

Dunno about leaving those rifles behind (although thank goodness you won't have to evacuate- just in case it ever did happen!), Deirdre - at least in Jamul and Ramona, CHP and Border Patrol have been apprehending looters.
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

Quote Originally Posted by crisw
    CHP and Border Patrol have been apprehending looters.
    Doesn't that just burn you up - that is, miscreants taking advantage of a tragic situation when others are most vulnerable. I find that disasters bring out the best and, unfortunately, the worst in people.
    BERNADETTE GRANT
    Legal Assistant by Day - Designer by Nite
    HD Pro 7.08b
    Divorced from VISTA ... Happily Reunited with XP

Well, Mike just came back from our house; they were letting people through to feed animals. Everything is fine in our neighborhood; no damage. All the animals are fine. We hopefully will be able to return home tomorrow.
    Cris Waller
    HD Pro 7.08

Hi Cris
    Glad to hear every thing is good..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/