Hybrid View

Framing isn't showing

In HD PRO 6-I'm doing home for a friend. Layout of basic foot print (not done room layouts yet). Haven't done the roof yet. Wanted to get the over-all like he wants it first. Went to look at framing (0verview) and all I get is a hole in the terrain, and a brick edge. The brick edge was to finish off the end of the brick where it stops at the porch and meets with siding. I had to use soffit to get it, so that may be why it shows when nothing else does. Went to all my preferences, layers (at least I thought I did ) but still can't get framing to show.:mad:
    BB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	103ACdisplayframing.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	2546  

I don't think that framing is built automatically in Pro, you have to build it yourself first before there will be anything to show in the overview.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

I don't think that framing is built automatically
    High Kat-I know, but I have built framing. I've set all the wall types with either brick / 4" framing, or siding / 4" framing. My pony walls, and other types are all showing okay in my doll house view. When I go to the "framing" doll house it only shows the hole and the brick edge. I went to the delete items menu to make sure that none of those things are checked, and they're not. I've been to default settings and had set all my plan etc., defaults; First time I've encountered this. I know it's user error but don't know how to fix it. oh, yes; I've searched this forum and data base helps, but haven't come up with this particular problem-thread yet.
    Thanks
    BB

In Pro 7
    If you open layer display,there is a box for USED if it is in the plan..

Like Kat said,it has to be built first..
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

If you open layer display,there is a box for USED if it is in the plan..
    This one has me "WHOOPED". I've been to tools, display options, 3D display options, I checked display framing and etc., I couldn't find USED in my "layer display tool>systems. I tried it with just the check mark, did the framing over view, no framing shows:mad: then added the "R" and still nothing changes. So, how am I not building the framing?

Name:	103ACdollhouse.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	2547  

I don't have Pro, so I'm having to guess here, but based on what people who have Pro have said before on how to build framing, I did do a search on HomeTalk and came up with this thread: http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...eferrerid=1904

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout
    In Pro, you have to build the framing to see it. In Deluxe and the other programs, you can only see the framing in a "framing view" and the program builds it automatically for you.

Open the Build Framing dialog and check the appropriate boxes for the framing you want to build, such as wall and roof. Typically, I check all the little boxes to build all of the framing in the model. You can then go into the display options dialog and turn on or off the framing you want to see in plan view or in your camera views.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Thanks Kat. Hadn't looked at that. I did do a forum search and that post didn't come up. I'll look at it right now.
    BB

In Pro, you have to build the framing
    Kat-I'm sending you and email "Kiss"! That's what it was. Thanks for not giving up on me and helping me find that thread. And thanks to Kilgore. So, now I just need to remember to turn it off and on as needed when I am working on it or showing him. I guess I need to go back and build the foundation (I thought I had) for it to fill the hole in the terrain (LOL)
    BB

Name:	103ACdisplayframing.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	2549  

This is what Pro 7 layer/display options looks like..
    Thanks Allen. How did you get the menu to export. I keep trying so I could show you what mine looked like but can't get it down to a size the forum will except. I am making progress though, and just goes to show you can "teach an ole dog new tricks"!

This is what Pro 7 layer/display options looks like..

Name:	1 layer.jpg 
Views:	221 
Size:	76.8 KB 
ID:	2548  
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/