Thread: Beadboard

Hybrid View

Question Beadboard

How does one add beadboard to their walls? I want to have this below my chair rail and/or as a backsplash in the kitchen and for the life of me I can't find out how to do it (though it shows up in some of the online drawings). BTW - I am new to this software - I purchased the Interior Design s/w. Hopefully what I want to do is possible with my version.

After much usage of this software (and I must say I am hooked), there is one glaring issue that I have with it. Maneuverability is horrible - I can not get the hang of it and it involves way too many clicks. I have used Punch! software for years and moving around is a breese - wish that this software was just as easy. All in all I am impressed with this home design software and I would recommend it to my friends.

Beadboard is created by using a material with a beadboard texture.

Depending on your version either choose the beadboard material from the library or create a material using a beadboard texture.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Use the wall covering tool to create an area below your chair rail.

Open the room dialog, create a new wall covering and select the material you want from the libary. Sopme of the sidings will look ok used as beadboard but you probably want to adjust the scale on the material to make it look more real. Then set the floor to bottom height to 0 and the width to 36".
    Attached Images Attached Images