Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Help--I'm on a time crunch. I'm designing my own kitchen and I did something yesterday that caused me to make the images dissapear when I click on the library choices. You know---they are suppose to show up at the bottom??? Now I have to place them on the grid and open them up to preview them. How do I unlock them while they are in the Library browser???? Wish I could show you the kitchen I'm designing. I am very fimilar with BHG Landscape v 7.5. I use it all the time. Ya'll want to see my kitchen? Hmmmm---I'm looking to see if pics can be posted here or if I need to post a link---patients ya'll.

Ok, I see the pics showed up---now help me figure out how to make the sample pic reappear for the library images??? Help. It sure would save me lots of time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kitchen Front Window.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	2647   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Fridge Area.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	50.1 KB 
ID:	2648   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pantry.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	2649  
    AnnA
    Landscaping and Deck Designer 7.5
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Benjamin Moore Color Painter
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Occupation: Outdoor container arrangements is my speciality , perennial garden plans, digital photo garden plans with your home, currently working for a mega nursery as a vendor for some big box stores.
    Follow my home progress:
    http://flowergardengirl.wordpress.com/

Nice job Anna.
    You didn't do them with Landscape 7.5 DID you?
    I'm originally from Wilson NC.

Try doing a search on this forum (and maybe on Chieftalk also) I remember seeing some earlier ones a few weeks or maybe months back. I am sure the design ladies will jump in to help you. Especially when they see the your work
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Thanks BB Boy!!--Nope--not on the landscape program....but I did just get this interior program two days ago and haven't slept!!! I went to 7 kitchen designers and they frustrated the you know what out of me cause they were too lazy to explore the opportunities . So I decided to do it myself. Now I have locked up the dang images and it's driving me bonkers. I'm sure there is an easy fix. Hey---here is a pic of my front yard for ya----landscaping is my real thing---but I guess once a designer---always a designer!! It's a sickness!!! Like eating chocolate.

Here is my front yard for the 4th of July. And one of the new baths for my new Craftsman home. Oh---guess I could show you the outside of my home too. Let me see if that will upload. brb

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	2651   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chris Bath.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	2653   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Home Rendering.JPG 
Views:	221 
Size:	54.1 KB 
ID:	2656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jpeg home plans.jpg 
Views:	210 
Size:	47.5 KB 
ID:	2657  
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Occupation: Outdoor container arrangements is my speciality , perennial garden plans, digital photo garden plans with your home, currently working for a mega nursery as a vendor for some big box stores.
    Follow my home progress:

WOW and I do mean WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Was that your design or did you have it done? The house I mean. Either way, what program / software. I quit CAD with release 14, I'd luv to get Chief latest vs, but holding out for vs 8 release. All I can afford.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7

Nashville-TN

Just had to show you the new soffit design I came up with for my corner hutch. How do you like it. I may have it trimmed out too.

Name:	New Soffit Design.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	2658  
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Follow my home progress:

Doesn't look like it lines up with the hutch below. Got a 45 degree angle or something that doesn't seem to match the hutch.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7

Nashville-TN

My current home is a Cape Cod--my second cape cod design---designed the old fashioned way...pen and paper. It is currently for sale! The new design--posted above--is an updated Craftsman also done on pen and paper....but I took it to a local design firm to do the final work up to the tune of almost $4,000. I'm doing the landscaping, kitchen design, etc...... I use BHG V 7.5 for landscaping and this new Chief Arch. 7.08 for interior dec. for the kitchen and interior design. I think the two programs by chief arch. are very similar to use. They both use CAD and are pretty user friendly. I don't know why I can't unlock the images-----maybe I need more wine--lol.

Oh--bb--it isn't suppose to line up--where is your imagination?--lol--my dh said the same thing. There are two small down lights that go where it is out of line under the soffits. Trust me! It will be life changing---worth millions during the resale--lol. Do you believe me??? yet???
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Follow my home progress:

I believe you. I believe you are wired up (and that's probably a good thing).
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7

Nashville-TN

BB---Good NEWS!!!!!!! I Got my images back! I followed your advice and did the search and found the solution. Now I am back to the blurry eyed maniac frenzy state of creation!!! Thank you!

I feel like I lost my dog and thought it got run over and now it's back home. lol
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Follow my home progress:

Good deal I'm glad I could give back, after all the help I've been getting from the folks on this forum. Glad to have you on board. Look forward to more from you!!!
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7

Nashville-TN

Just one question, as beautiful as it is, why in the world would you want 20 lights in a Kitchen?
    Home Designer Pro 10

BB---Well I like this instant gratification cyber world--so I'll be around to see what I can do to aggravate everyone.

Deidre---is there really 20 lights in there....good grief?? I better do something about that! So should there be more? lol I know this kitchen I'm in right now has about a half candle light so I'd like to feed my family something besides bug parts. I want to be able to see when something goes in my batter that doesn't belong there. I'd rather have pleanty of lights than gold laced imported granite counter tops. lol Well--I would like a marble top over part so my pie dough will chill just right. Do you want some strawberry/cherry/rubarb pie?
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Follow my home progress:

You are absolutely hilarious. And if I could get close enough to that pie, you bet I would want a piece of rhubarb pie. Haven't had one since I was a kid. Love the stringiness of rhubarb in pie. Yummy.

As for your lights, yeah, there really are 20 of them; and three of them look like they are exterior lights. Remove about 12 or more of them and check out the end results. Also, for your small alcove with the desk, you can get really cool result by using a mini cam placed just above the cabinet and it will light up any glass and the countertop.

And who in the world are you aggravating? BB Boy? Nah, he is too easy going. Definately not me, I laughed at your current lighting experiences and the bugs. You should do stand up comedy - no one could have scripted your comments any better about real life incidents; and made them funny.

Do you really think that marble is an asset to pie crusts and other dough concoctions? I am being serious on this question. I watch too much HGTV and I see so many different countertops being used. Recent program showed a butcher block being used for the same reasoning as you. Makes me wonder which is better - wood or granite or marble........
    Home Designer Pro 10

Deirdre--I keep seeing a sheep dog out the corner of my right eye cause my glasses need cleaning. I fried chicken in the dark the other day and the evidence of me being so blind is still on my glasses. Good thing I can hear chicken cook or I would have to stick my head in that bucket. Chicken sings to you when it's done. It changes it's pitch and floats to the top of the pan. Anyway--where were we?---counter tops...yes..you need a good area of good quality marble slab for pie, cookie, and bread dough. Keeps it cool and you work with it less making it less tough. All my hot surfaces will be soapstone cause of the non porous and non bacterial---very low maintenance. I love the color. The third surface will be wood cause it is warm and inviting. It's a good eating surface but not great for preparing anything but great for serving and entertaining. Lastly, I might get some quartz for good measure if I need it. The batrooms will be silestone. I hadn't even started decorationg them yet. I got a long way to go. I'll take up your advice on lighting and keep posting pics as I go along so you can help me out. Thanks so much!!!! And us Southerners always say we aggravate people when we mean we are going to stay around and get to know you better. It's like a friendly warning. lol
    Anna
    AnnA
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Follow my home progress:

Hey there, how close is the Piedmont of NC to Myrtle Beach? Mama's people are in NC and VA.

And ya all come on back any time to "aggravate" me. I keep odd hours anyways.

But, I do have to go and hit the sack, got a bunch of collards to cook up in the morning.
    Home Designer Pro 10