Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Miss D, the Piedmont of NC is the Triad of Winston Salem, Greensboro, and High Point. I'm on the western side of Winston Salem. I've been here for 11 generations so I've decided to stay for at least two more--lmbo. My other hobby after decorating and aggravating--is--genealogy. I collect family stories--good and bad---and pass them on. Right now I'm solving a constipation problem with an age old technique of drinking ---coffee with legs chased by MOM. Some where about 2 generations up.....grandma made me drink it when my toot odor became unbearable as it has done since I quit paying attention to my fiber eating and consumed my every waking hour with this design program. Now clear that wonderful thought from your mind and tell me....did your ancestors buy any of those wonder grass baskets the lovely ladies use to make on the sides of the road down off Hwy 17? They are worth a fortune now. I want someone to love my pie so much that they send me me a bunch of them and I'll return the favor in sweets !

I'm off to VA this afternoon for the weekend. While there--I'm going to visit a quilt museum for some inspiration for my new home. I'll think of ya'll my every waking moments--lol.
    AnnA
    Landscaping and Deck Designer 7.5
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Benjamin Moore Color Painter
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Occupation: Outdoor container arrangements is my speciality , perennial garden plans, digital photo garden plans with your home, currently working for a mega nursery as a vendor for some big box stores.
    Follow my home progress:
    http://flowergardengirl.wordpress.com/

Miss Anna, I have a project up in Martinsville, I have to fly into Greensboro occasionally and drive up. Beautiful country. Of course when we drive down to WNC we always come thru the Triad.

Is ID your profession or are you like Dee and the rest of the "design ladies" just wonderfully, fantastically, unimaginably, completely TALENTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you do a "craftsman" template to start your design? Pro 7 must have loads of colors and library stuff (although I see post complaining it doesn't have enough). One of these days (if someone will just have mercy on me) I may learn how to make my own symbols and textures but I'm not even good at downloading others (zip and unzip) I lose the folder then can't find it. Of course 7 will be antiquated as soon as 8 comes out. I'm saving my pennies now.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Gosh BobE, have you been going through my stuff? --lol---only my best-est of buddies know I'm so multitiskity-taskity. You would not even believe where my interest originated. I'll go first and spill the beans but then you got to tell me what you do and accept my invite to our new home when it gets finished in March. You just might get some some apple cake---rhubarb is not in season then. Ok---I was born to immigrant German fleeing grandparents born in the 1600's. They were one of only a hand full of survivors who came to this area by way of Berks County PA!! Lots of hoorah's there if you are a genealogy buff. I've had 6 grandpappy's who served in the Rev war and had a grand parent in every war since right up to me who served during the first gulf war. You still interested??? We are a family of survivors. My dad earned his trade from his dad and so on and so on and so on---we are furniture makers of the big High Point NC furniture makers----we have furniture in the White House and we go way back ! We also fed the first Pres--Washington.....we got good recipes!!! I have the wonderful fortune to have inherited cookbooks from many generations past and just recently bought a cook book cherished by----the " The Those Who Know Recipe Group in This Area--I think 5 People Might Know This and It Is Important--lol"!. roflmbo So I know how to cook with cotton seed oil--but big deal--it kills ya--but you die happy.

My family have been stage coach owners, they have been water wheel ship builders, started the first water treatment plant in the area, developed water treatment systems that exist today, created furniture making tools cherished by many, kept a lot of useless information passed from generation to generation to make us more important to each other, taught each other how to survive in life, and made all aspects of life tie together.

So I joined the AF so I didn't have to make furniture anymore, met and married my dh who made a career of the AF. We retired back to this area because of our family roots and the fact that furniture cost too much any where else. My dh got back into government work and I pursued teaching first and gardening second---followed by gardening first and teaching last---followed by building a house and taking up interior decorating. So I guess I learn whatever I need to learn to get the job done and if I don't know someone around here who can get it done---I do it myself. How does that sound? Seems like I design a lot of gardens for people. I also do a great deal of seasonal work for those who want window boxes and outdoor potted arrangements. I seem to have an eye for color. I can do some damage to a Christmas tree. I do a few department store displays and work seasonally for a few garden centers. I guess you could say I keep all 4 burners on high and the oven is always on. lol I can pit cook the hog too. Do you want the head on or off? Chopped or sliced? Vinegar or Mayo based? Do you like sugar in your cornbread? I need to know this stuff to take care of you real well? It's part of the GRITS manual. I also keep my sewing machine up and about 10 different projects cluttered all around it. I would love to finish some of those before the creative obsessive gene sets in and makes me start another possibility or I start looking at algorithms and other patterns in nature. That starts the whole keep it in balance thing. That totally upsets my eclectic side.

Now your turn!!!!!! What are you doing in Martinsville? We are going to Harrisonburg to visit family. Where do you normally live? Do you eat liver mush? With crackers? With Pepsi or Coke? Do you think NC wines are mature enough yet to compete with other wines? I have an opinion on this? Great weekend to be a leaf peeper huh? lol
    AnnA
    Landscaping and Deck Designer 7.5
    Interior Designer 7.0
    Benjamin Moore Color Painter
    Microsoft Paint
    Kodak z12 digital camera
    Occupation: Outdoor container arrangements is my speciality , perennial garden plans, digital photo garden plans with your home, currently working for a mega nursery as a vendor for some big box stores.
    Follow my home progress:
    http://flowergardengirl.wordpress.com/

WOW again! How in the world did you get all that in one POST

I love my BBQ (on the pit) split all the way down with the head on. Luv to Pull it, but when I do my own (I chop it the way most of us like it). I'm sure you've heard of Bills BBQ in Wilson (I don't think many of them use wood much any longer). We do the Eastern Carolina style BBQ (sweet Vinegar style) with crushed red pepper. I don't like sugar in my corn bread. Atkins is my favorite (finely sifted) fried in LARD!!!! Does that sound familiar. BTW-we will both get kicked off this forum for these post (most likely) so we may have to change MOO (mode of operation). I have a hospital project in Martinsville. We build hospitals. Most of my projects are SW but I like to get back out East WP. We moved mid-south 17 years ago. Lived Nashville 4, the rest around Memphis and I (we) hate it. Company moved me here for many reasons. Hoping to sell and get back there in a few weeks (maybe months since the market here is dead). We call it "Liver pudding" and I love it with crackers! I'm afraid I'm a coke / Dr. Pepper fiend. I'm not much on wine, but friends (down east) say NCW is the best at any age?
    I know of 5GGP's that did CW's and other wars, but most of my Kin were tobacco farmers / carpenters in the off season. My GP was a true craftsman, did most of his best work by hand, using hand tools. When GP died in 1976, I wanted his hand tools, but someone beat me to them and took them out of his old 1953-pea green ford wagon he had driven since 1953. Standard trans, but second gear never worked instead of having it fixed, he just shifted from 1st to 3rd. His dad could have bought 25000 acres in Wilson, for $1 an A, but didn't think it was worth that much. Last month in the home paper one of the few remaining lots on that land sold for 250K. I've been lucky this week and haven't been at one airport, but that changes next week. We're headed home (by air) around TG. Haven't seen those relatives in a while. Enjoy your trip to Harrisonburg. Leaf peeping should be better in the wetter areas, but here it's dry as "snuff"!!!!!
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”