Sizing A Doorway or Window

I have a wall that is 29' 5" and I need to place a doorway of 65" and a sliding door of 104". I put them into the wall put they are not placed in the right place along the wall. When try to move them the wall next to the doorway or window moves not just the doorway or the window. I have tried everything I know how to do to make my wall from the corner 6" wall --- doorway 65"---wall 60" --sliding door 104" --wall 119"

Also when I go to camera view my system freezes. I have a ATI GL 3100 Video Display

Quote Originally Posted by lanatolman
    I have a wall that is 29' 5" and I need to place a doorway of 65" and a sliding door of 104". I put them into the wall put they are not placed in the right place along the wall. When try to move them the wall next to the doorway or window moves not just the doorway or the window. I have tried everything I know how to do to make my wall from the corner 6" wall --- doorway 65"---wall 60" --sliding door 104" --wall 119"

Also when I go to camera view my system freezes. I have a ATI GL 3100 Video Display

Two Questions in one Post; Q1: either in plan view, vector view, or render view, do you see the drag handles on your doorway and sliding door? You need to be sure that you have clicked on the actual object and not the wall.

Q2: conduct a search on the forum or through the Support Help Database for graphic cards. There are several NVIDIA discussions that should assist you. I believe I have read some postings regarding your card as being inferior. Not sure, do the research.
    Home Designer Pro 10

Tech support recommends NVIDIA not ATI. See the thread Video Card.