Question How do I change the template style

of a project after it's already running? I have 7.0 suite. Also, if I get a dwg file changed into a 2000 dxf, can i import it into 7.0 suite?

Short answer - you don't. Once a plan is started, you can't just change the template style. I have my own templates that I created based off of the default style.

You may be able to copy and paste certain elements such as doors or windows from other style templates though, and all of the different template style cabinets can be found in the Library Browser.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    Home Designer Architectural 10
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Might be time to upgrade to Pro 7

Quote Originally Posted by s1heldon
    I have 7.0 suite. Also, if I get a dwg file changed into a 2000 dxf, can i import it into 7.0 suite?
    Suite 7.0 has some CAD functionality and the ability Export files in DXF format. But I don't see anything in the online documentation about Importing DXF files. If you have Suite 7 installed I would suggest you use the help function and search for the key word DXF or Import.

HD Pro 7.0 has the Import DXF capability along with a CAD-to-Walls function where two or more parallel CAD lines can be converted to both straight or curved walls or rails.
    Last edited by daydreamer; 11-22-2007 at 03:18 AM.

Home style templates

Once a plan has been created, can I go back and change the home style templates from, like, traditional to tuskin?
    Les
    HD Pro 8
    Windows XP

Nope.
    But if you have Pro as your signature implies, you may be able to use the Edit Area tool to copy and paste the design into a new style template, if my understanding of the tool is correct.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

Changing House Templates

I set my house template to Mediterranean Influence, the problem is I don't want all of my doors to be arched. I can change the door to rectangle, but the trim around it stays arched! Help!

Unfortunately, once you've started a plan in a particular template style, you can't just switch out of it. I always just use the Default template for that very reason.

If you are too far along in your plan that you don't want to start over using the Default template, you could always just create a new plan using the Default template, put in a wall, place the door that you want, and then copy and paste it into your Mediterranean plan.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7

BJ-go to the door you want to have no arch, select it and open its dbx, as you'll see in the thumbnails the menu / specification will open, as in my plan you can see the med template-showing the door I've selected with an arch. Now go to the "arch" section of the door specification and simply select "no arch" click okay, and you should be able to change only the selected door / doors to a regular opening with no arch. It worked for me in Pro 7.
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Med door with arch.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	7528   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Med door no arch.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	7529   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elev med door  with arch.jpg 
Views:	509 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	7530   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Elev med door with no arch.jpg 
Views:	553 
Size:	16.2 KB 
ID:	7531  
    Last edited by BB boy; 10-24-2008 at 05:04 AM.
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

I believe that much be a Pro-only feature. There is no Arch tab in AHD.
    Kat >^..^<
    -
    AHD 8
    Deluxe 7