Question import from 3DHA to Pro roof

Hi,

I decided to get the Pro version, imported the design from 3D Home Architect, figured out my front roof, for the most part, but there are "things" floating above the roofline in full overview mode.

Also, the roof is over the second floor instead of the attic (3rd floor), and it doesn't join with the roof over the first floor. Since they are on different floors, I can't join roof planes. My roof line goes from over the first floor mudroom, past the second floor bedroom that is set back as an inset dormer, and up to the cathedral ceiling in the attic. There's a line in the middle of the roof, and I don't know how to roof the attic dormer in the back since the roof plane is on the PL2 layer.

Also, there seem to be height differences in the walls that show up as blank spots in the siding.

Any ideas?

---mike...
    Madison Renovations

On the roof - Open the roof plane on the second floor and move it down to the first floor for editing.

There are a couple of articles in the database on creating dormers that may be helpful. I think you will get a lot of help from moving the roof plane up or down a level.

On the items - showing in 3D view, try rebuilding walls, floors, and ceilings by taping the F12 key on your keyboard a couple of times.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Dan,

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know that roof planes could be moved between floors. But if I move the roof down to the first floor, how to I form roof planes on the attic dormer? Move it back up?

I'll check the "database" for dormer suggestions, but... which database? Are they the ones that had appeared in countryplans.com for 3DHA?

---mike...
    Madison Renovations

Here is the link to the manual dormer article.

http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=396
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

moving roof planes from floor to floor

In several threads you mention moving roof planes from floor to floor. What are the steps to accomplish this? Does each plane move individually? Can the entire roof be moved from one floor to another at once?

Roof planes are actually independent of floor. If you open the properties of a roof plane by selecting it you will see a check mark for moving it up or down a floor for editing. This is not available in Suite unfortunatly since Suite only allows automatic building of roofs.

If you move one roof plane all other roof planes that are connected move with it.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc