Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, from scratch. I've worked on it for several hours also. I am going to give it a few more shots.

OK. I found the answer. It is always just as you would think too....LOL If you were the software...what would you have done?

The software tries to make the roof as simple as possible. If it can join the two roofs it will do it.
    Two parameters control where the roof planes will meet.
    1) ceiling height in the shed (window section) must be much lower than the main room ceiling.
    2) depth of the well (window portion with shed roof) not as deep.
    The combination of parameters has to insure the slope on the shed roof (window section) cannot come close to the roof line on the main part of the house or...
    The software makes the jump and sews them together.

I had to make the shed part about 28 inches lower than the main to get a 2 foot "bay" for the windows. I used 98" for the main and 60" for the shed roof area with a 2' bay depth.

WHEW!....don't ya' just hate when that happens?...LOL
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

Ah, that's why adding a 24"/12" second story works. That way the ceiling height of the box window room doesn't need to be lowered.

Results at last!!!!

OK....what did I say again?

LOL

Yeah, see what I posted about the wall thicknesses
    BH&G Pro Rev. 7.08
    Central SW Ontario, Canada
    -AMD AthlonX2 4400, 2GB, Win XP Pro
    -GeForce 8600GT
    -80GB Internal, 1TB External HDD

I built a house using this and am still find it Mickey Mouse quality.

Gotta love it. Thanks for working on this with me.

HalHome,

The bottom line is that we have come up with a 3 solutions.

You can draw it manually if you you have HD Pro

or

The ceiling height in the Box window area must be at least 12-7/8” lower than the ceiling height in the room adjacent to the box window, with the Box window having a depth of 30” or less (measured interior wall to wall) and a roof pitch over the Box window of less than or equal to 4/12. The deeper the area or a steeper pitch requires more ceiling height in the house adjacent room height differential.

or

If you want the ceiling height to be the same as the main house and the box depth deeper than 24' and up to about 72" then follow these instructions.

On the Gable end wall -

Draw the Box Window – make the 2 short walls extending from the house Full Gable - If you want a different roof pitch over the Box Window double-click on the Box Window wall. In the Wall Specification dialog box click on the Roof tab and next to Pitch highlight the 6(D) then enter a pitch value less than the house pitch.

Use the Break Wall tool and make wall breaks on the house wall where the box window walls intersect. Click on the Wall tool then double-click between the wall breaks. Change the wall to invisible.

Click on the Roof Tool Button – then click on the child button Delete Roof Planes

When the Unable to delete roofs message appears – click on Yes
    Now click on the Floors Tool then click on the child button Build New Floor
    When the New Floor dialog box appears click Yes
    On the 2nd floor make the walls only cover the house – nothing over the box window.
    Double-click in the Room on the 2nd Floor and change the Ceiling Height to 24”
    Change the walls on the 2nd floor that correspond to the Gable walls on the first floor to Full Gable

Double-click on the Roof Tool button and in the Build Roof dialog box click the box next to Build Roof Planes.

Go to the 2nd floor and double-click in the “room”. Change the ceiling height to 12” then click OK.

Click on the Floors Tool button then click on the child button Rebuild/Walls/Floors/Ceilings

DO NOT REBUILD THE ROOF
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	114.0 KB 
ID:	3336  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-24-2007 at 05:29 AM.