Thread: a lil help.

a lil help.

for some reason when i vew a room with more than two lights in it the room is dark. how can i make it so i can see with more than 2 lights

The lights aren't on

Hi, I wish I could see a picture..

I also wish I knew what Home Designer Product you were using.

It think it can depend on the room in which the camera is located. A dark "hallway" is or can be room. I think, if the camera is in a dark room the "subject" room is also dark, even when there are lights on.

I don't know if you will have this but you can try.

To see if your Video card is okay : Click on Edit on the Toolbar. Then click on Preferences. In the Preferences dialog box, click on Render. See what it says by Max Lights: (see thumbnial)

It may be the limit for your Video card.

From the Help screen: "The Max Lights value indicates how many lights you can have turned on at any given time when generating a render view. This value should be 8 or higher, depending on your video card."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	226 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	3349  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-22-2007 at 04:36 AM.

More then likely, your camera is not in the same room that your lights are in. The program will only turn on the lights for the room the camera is in so if you start your camera outside of a room but look into the room, you will usually have the lights off. The other possibility is that you have more then 8 lights on in one room and the program is only turning on the first 8 it finds so that you are not seeing the ones that are on. There is more to it then this, but hopefully this helps.