Two Level Foundation

This is my first attempt at using Suite 7.0. I have created the exterior walls to my home, and I believe the next step is to create my foundation. The problem is one half of my house is on peirs 4 feet off the ground, and the other half is on a floating slab. How do I create the foundations at two levels. The next problem will be connecting the two levels with a semi-circular staircase! Any help is appreciated.

Hi gc,

You might try this reading this link for the portion of the house built on piers. http://www.homedesignersoftware.com/...?faqNumber=752.

For the other parts of the house built on a slab you maybe able to select the area(s) or room(s) and open up the Room Specification Dialog box. Under the Structure tab select Slab Foundation for this Room then click OK.

If there is no clear division on the 1st floor where the foundation transitions from one to the other, you may need to draw invisible wall so that you can define the area on the 1st floor as having a slab foundation.

Hopefully this will get you started. Best of luck and Happy Holidays.