Scale Vertical Drawings?

After looking at my renditions, my carpenter was surprised when I told him I wanted a 10' basement ceiling and that my small lookout room in the attic (actually a 2nd floor) would probably only have a 7.5' ceiling to keep the roof lines the same.

With your help I've mastered printing layouts at 1/4" scale for my carpenter to look at. Is there anything I can print for him that gives him a scale vertical picture?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13th Plan, 8 North view.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	3388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13th Plan, 1 West view.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	3389  
    Phil
    HD Pro 8.0
    Windows XP

Hi Phil,

You are a busy guy for Xmas eve.

Vertical scale can be achieved by utilizing a Vector Cross section camera view. Turn on the cross-hairs cursor if you aren't already using it. (Edit>Preferences>General>Cross Hair - Enable) In the cross section view zoom in. Change to CAD mode, then select the Line tool. The cross hair cursor will allow you to touch off on part of the elevation. While at this elevation click and drag a short line. If your dimensions are to a common lower surface click and drag a long line (in the thumbnail it's on the grass line) Next click on the Dimension tool, then on the End to End tool. Draw a line from the "short" line to the long or lower line. Instead of drawing the line and using the End to End tool you can also use the Point to Point tool if the reference lines are not needed.

I believe you will need to send these drawings to Layout because they are like a detail drawing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vert.JPG 
Views:	241 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	3390  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-25-2007 at 02:11 AM.

Rick,
    Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a try and post my results in a day or so, company's coming.
    Merry Christmas to all.
    Phil
    HD Pro 8.0
    Windows XP