Now you see it, now you don't

I'm having some issues getting my final renders to, well, render. If I'm in a preview render and hit Final Render, it works under default settings (usually). However, if I turn on Show Shadows for final, it will run through the process (to 100% complete), show the shadows and nice pic for a split second, then revert back to preview quality. No error message, nothing. Sometimes, it's even worse - it will loop endlessly, going from preview to a split second show of final, then back to the beginning (0%).

Ugh.

I'm using a Toshiba M400 laptop, which doesn't have a particularly stellar video card so I wasn't expecting huge performance. However, I wasn't expecting this. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any ideas how to solve?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I don't know what product you are using but you may be able to tweek your graphic settings somewhat. I am using a desktop with an Intel Core 2 Duo and I had the onboard graphics chip. I got results worse than you are explaining. I installed a new video card and everything is fine. I am running Visat but with 3MB of RAM.

I was checking the stats on your computer.

Are you running a core 2 duo?
    Onboard Intel graphics media accelerator 950?
    Shared Graphics @256K of memory?
    Vista?
    1 MB of Ram?

If this is all true, this may be the problem.
    Last edited by daydreamer; 12-27-2007 at 04:15 PM.