Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tub filled with marble

As promised I'm back... OK, after Allen provided me with the file for the barrel vault over my tub, I've been working my heart out. My husband is a wonderful designer, but this design is a challenge for me becasue I've never done any cad / design work. I built the tub base using a custom slab and a custom counter and applied an arch to it. It's great except for one issue, the marbel in the tub, how do I get rid of it? There is no mounting options, so I'm completly perplexed. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Gail
    using design pro 8.08
    P.S. I tried to upload a picture but it is to large.

Sorry, I'm using version 7.08

Hi Gail,

If the tub you are producing is a garden tub in a surround, the surround needs to be constructed of either slab panels or Soffits and placed around the tub. If you made the counter and then used the CTRL key to assist in moving the tub into location, you get a tub full of marble.

Read this thread : http://hometalk.homedesignersoftware...ead.php?t=5331

You need to use some sort of screen capture software for your pictures or edit the print screen version smaller.
    Last edited by daydreamer; 01-03-2008 at 12:57 PM.

I figured out how to make my picture small enough. Here it is... Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

If you save it with the .jpg format..they will be smaller in size.
    Mike
    HD Pro 7.08
    HD Deluxe 7.08

Semper Fi

I read the article on custom slabs you provided, but at this stage of the game it sounds like I would have to re-do what I've done. Is there any way to cut a hole in the custom counter top to slide the tub in?

Gail

Nope! It's a redo.

O.K., since time is of the essence for me let's try another thought. Is there a spray function that I can use like white out?

I know this sounds desperate, but if you knew the number of times I re-did the tub, you would cringe. We have a meeting with the client this weekend and I still have closets and library to try to do by then.

Thanks again
    Gail

You might try to lay a few "skins" of soffit on top of the marble in the tub. That might get you by.

If you want easier ways to capture portions of plans, renders, etc. I would recommend the following screen capture programs.
    IrfanView - http://www.irfanview.com/
    SnagIt - http://www.techsmith.com/screen-capt...ahoonssStmhome
    MWSnap - http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
    SnapFiles - http://www.snapfiles.com/get/easycapture.html
    If you want to find other “free” sources go to downloads.com they have several free capture programs. http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....pture&tag=srch

I take it there is only square/rectangular soffit's. No way to make a soffit the shape of the oval in my tub? Can it be made in another program and imported?

Gail

Gail,

If the slab you built has a height of 18" and the tub has a height of 20".

Make a rectangle "soffit" with it's Floor to Bottom measurement slightly higher than the top of the surround, say 18.5". Make the height of the Soffit .125.
    Color the soffit whatever you want it to be.

That should give you something like this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	261 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	3525  

Wow, I'm really filling like an idiot. I cannot seem to get that shape you illistrated. Did you do this using a custom slab? help...
    Gail

No, it's just a soffit rectangle that covers the oval, but is inside the dimensions of the tub. It all has to do with the height differentials.

It's the slab then the thin soffit then the overall height of the tub. The tub must be taller than the combined height of the slab and the soffit.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tub2.JPG 
Views:	228 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	3526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tub3.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	3527  
    Last edited by daydreamer; 01-03-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Rick, I appreciate your help. I have been playing with sizes and heights of the soffits, and I think my problem is that I'm not using a boxed out tub. My husband chose a free standing pedastal tub from the garden library. I have tried making a file in photoshop of the shape I want but because of the import options in this program it takes my transparent files and makes it a plan white rectangle. I think my only option is to either get some nice person to make me a shape I want in Chief Architect, or start from scratch (which I just am afraid of casuing more problems with my time schedule), or even print it out in color and white it out. I don't know.... If anyone has any other suggestions please let me kow. Thanks again,
    Gail

Gail,

Is it the clawfoot tub?