Thread: "Backlighting"

Hybrid View

I was so curious I couldn't sleep, got my lap top out by the fire and started playing with the back light in a dressing room I'm working on (different home). This is you're to die for but can never afford luxuries. Glass displays for 120 pairs of shoes, purses and hats, the works. Charging station/hair dryer/curling iron built into the dressing table. I must be able to light floor to ceiling on the display areas (never doing this, not sure of correct approach), if I was able to adjust the length and width of the back light, it seemed it would be an alternative, but without being able to do that it would now appear to be something I would use in dark hallways going into a theater or maybe downstairs in the basement where we will a have wine cellar, sort of feels caved in because of the barrel witgh colume entry and a stone weeping wall. Also that area will havae a bar entertainig area.

Oh well, I will keep it in mind and let you know my thoughts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dressing_room.jpg 
Views:	333 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	4073
    Gail Devine
    MD Design
    mddesignhomes.com
    Home Designer Pro 7.08

Very nice Gail. I imagine that's the way Amelda Marcos' (EX-first lady of the Phillipenes) shoe closet must have looked like.

Back lighting is also used to accent lighted panels, IOW, stained or leaded glass in a (non usable) window with back light inside to light it.
    It is also used in lighting coves (like hollow soffits) to accent a ceiling cove or tray. Under a bar over hang, and in some cases under over head cabinets to act as a continuous down light. Of course, rope lights, and led lighting is much better for all that now.

I haven't tried doing anything with the ones we have in our library, didn't appear to be able to manipulate them much. Noticed when I opened the largest one, the auto placement height is like 44" above the floor. I did a little experiment, couldn't get the light just like I wanted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Back light.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	4085  
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

Thanks everyone, your comments clarify the utilization process.

And, Gail, you are a doggone good interior designer. Please keep on sharing your talents (specially since you and hubby are in the business) and your renditions will help those of us who aspire to be professionals.
    Home Designer Pro 10