Hybrid View

Okay, I finally see, that all of the roof's are Gambrel.

It doesn't appear that you built your model plan to the exact specifications of the actual house? In your pictures in post #1 you have the doors at "ground level". In the picture in post #6 the double doors on the deck look to be at least 36" above the ground level. Is the home built on a stem wall and have a crawlspace under it? Are the first floor ceilings 8'?

Looks like someone had fun with the toilet paper Halloween!
    BB Boy (Bob E)
    Home Designer Pro 10
    Home Designer Pro 7.08a
    Home Designer Pro 6.04
    Home Designer Suite 7
    Picture Painter Home & Landscape

Nashville-TN

“ The nicest thing about the future is that it always starts tomorrow”

gambrel roof and deck roof

Hi Rick,
    Yes, sorry I didn't make that clear, all the roofs are gambrel.

The actual house ends at the deck railing. The house sits on a basement so it is higher than the garage level but I haven't measured that (does it matter? - probably a dumb question!). The single door you see that is lower and outside the deck area goes into the garage.

The specifications for the width & length around the outside are correct but height of house in relation to garage, no, I didn't worry about that. Partly because I have trouble with the elevation levels in the software. Either the house floats or the ground gobbles up the garage. So I decided to try to ignore that part for the moment. Both floors have 8 ft ceilings.
    Thanks
    JGH
    Home Designer Suite 7.09
    Windows XP