Threaded View

Gambrel Roof and deck roof

I have mostly figured out how to get our basic house structure in home designer. It's as pictured, except the roof lines are even. In the pictures it looks like the left side of the house is lower and it's not really. The part over the garage is a bit lower than the house. This is a two story house. I am having trouble making home designer realize that it has a second floor and I can't get a roof window in the roof over the double doors. The thing that is really bugging me and this is the reason I bought the program in the first place is that we want to put a new deck on. We have one as pictured and half of it has a roof, however that roof doesn't have a good slope and it leaks. The plan is to put a new roof over the entire deck and actually extend it over the single door to the left of the deck as well. We think it will sit on top of the existing roof over the double doors and then just slope down from there. But I'd really like to get an idea how this is going to look before we do it since this is the front of the house. I can't figure out how to put the deck roof on in home designer!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view1.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	16.3 KB 
ID:	4276   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	view2.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	4277