Louvered French Doors

I need a set of louvered french doors for a closet. When I create a door, it's a single door. The only way to make it the double door is to make it larger than it should be. Is there some way to override the defaults that limit the double doors to sets of 4 feet and larger?

Thanks.

Eric Johnson

This somewhat depends on the version you are using. You could use a bifold louverd door to approximate this look.

If you are using PRO 6 or PRO 7 there is an option for double door or single door that overrides the defaults.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Dan-

I'm using Deluxe Version 7.04b.

Eric

Deluxe is limited to a 4' double door. Try the bifold door to see an approximate look in 3D.
    Dan Park
    Customer Support Manager
    Chief Architect, Inc

Shucks.

Thanks for your help and idea though.

Eric

You can fake a narrow double door by using a window unit -- if your door style is "panel" or "flush".

- Place a window and position it. Widen it to the amount you need (say 36")
    - In the Window Specification dialog, General tab set the Window Type to "Double Casement". Set the Height to 80" and the Floor To to 80". In the Materials tab, set Glass, Sash, and Trim options to the wood or paint material you want (interior & exterior).
    - For a Panel-style door, In the Sash & Fame tab set Sash Side 4", Top 4", Bottom 8". For a Flush-style door, set Side to 1/8", Top 1/8", Bottom 1/8" (less than that and the "door" dissapears and it's like a picture window).
    - To make doorknobs, select from the Library "Interior Accessories, Clocks, Clock"; position the clock on the wall next to the "door". Using the Furniture Specification dialog, General tab change the Height, Width, and Depth all to 2". Change Floor to Bottom to 36". In the Materials tab, change Face, Hands, Main_color to the desired knob color, say "Metal Steel (Polished)".
    - Select the "knob" and make a copy. Place the copy next to the original.
    - Now move the knobs into position over the "door", using either Plan or Camera view (Camera view is easier).
    Attached Images Attached Images

OK. Now show me how you display it open for the 3D walk-through.<g>

Nice work.

Eric

You should be able to get really close if you make a bifold door and then change the door style to louvered. You can also adjust the frame widths which makes it look more realistic.
    Attached Images Attached Images