Thread: merging plans

Hybrid View

merging plans

I've worked on 2 plans at different times- One downstairs and one upstaris. I'd like to be able to copy the upsatirs plan and add it to the existing downstairs without having to recreate the entire floor plan. Is it possible to "merge" 2 plans?
    Jane F
    Home Design Suite 7.0

Hi Jane,

I'm not certain about your software, but if you have Edit Area function you can copy and paste to another plan. When you paste the 2nd floor be sure that you "create a blank" 2nd floor in the plan with the 1st floor. Once you have created the blank floor, click on the Reference Floor tool so you know where to position the floor, then paste your 2nd floor. You may need to go to each wall and use the "Align with Below" feature.

Makes sense except I don't see an Edit Area function anywhere. The only copy function I can find is the icon in the left hand menu when an individual item is selected.

I haven't been able to copy and paste multiple itmes even with the control key. Any other suggestions?- I really don't want to rebuild an entire floor if I can help it...
    Jane F
    Home Design Suite 7.0

Hi Jane,

Since you don't have Edit Area, you can Copy multiple Objects by first selecting an object then press the Shift key, then use the mouse to select other objects.
    You can not select and copy walls.