(1 1/2 story) Wall help

I'm having a wall problem in a 1 1/2 story design. (See pics below) I need to know how to extend the wall on the upstairs only. I can build a wall to close that exterior gap and square off the upstairs, but the wall extends down to the first floor. I know if I put a ceiling over the other room that keeps it from extending but I'm looking to keep it 'open below'. Daydreamer, I've been reading your posts and you can not even begin to understand how much you have helped me so far! Hopefully you know what to do with this one!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem pic1.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	4560   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem pic2.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	4561   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	problem pic3.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	4562  
    Using Home Designer Suite 7.09

Hi kisie,

Thank you for the very kind words.
    I will take a look at it in the morning.
    I know the problem, but I don't know if we will be able to resolve the problem with your software.

The wall needs to be sitting on the roof and in the roof tab=roof cuts wall at bottom..
    You may have to move the wall over the roof after the roof is built.
    Allen Colburn Jr.

Chief Architect XII
    Home Designer Pro 8
    Home Designer Suite 8

Drafting for:
    http://www.artformhomeplans.com/

Hey kisie,

I need to make sure I understand your criteria.

1. Both sections of the house are being built to 1-1/2 story by setting the 2nd floor to 24" or 36", building the roof then changing the ceiling height to 7-1/8 or something like that.

2. It would appear that both sections of the house do not have Ceiling Above selected.

3. The "smaller" house section 2nd floor is all "open below". Will there be a stairway going to the 2nd floor of the larger house section in this adjoining area or is there any kind of railing?

4. The pitch of the roof plane for both sections of the house is the same on the rear of the house (the right side in the picture you posted)

This is what I see in the pictures. If you are trying to design something different, let me know.

Yes I believe you have everything right. The smaller section of the house is actually where my kitchen is, and right now there's just cubby storage above that which we never use so I figured we'd work with the angles of the house and leave that open. I was playing around yesterday and I think I may have actually got it to work the way I like, but I honestly have no idea how I did it. Thanks again for all your help!
    Using Home Designer Suite 7.09