Knee Walls and Paint Colors

I am entering my as-built house plans into the Architectural Home Designer program. I want to use the 3-D views to look at possible home upgrades: new paint colors and new furniture. I have not been able to figure out how to put in "knee walls". These are walls that are only about 40" tall and are used to partially divide off a room or to hide a toilet. When you select the wall tools, they go all the way to the ceiling. How do I get a wall that only goes up partway?

Second, when I have changed the wall colors to white the displayed color looked like a pale grey or blue. I use the Spyder colorometer to set the color scheme for my computer monitor so a bad monitor can not be the problem. I even changed the color from white to a light blue and it came out looking darker than the color swatch.

Other than these two problems, the program has been great. I just got it two days ago and I have been able to put my house plans into the program. Any help will greatly appreciated.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the forum.

For the knee wall use a "Railing wall". In the Wall or Railing Specification dialog box under the Railing select "Solid". You can set the Height under the the Newels/Balusters tab.

For the color to be more accurate, you need to have some lighting in the room. Look in you own home at a white ceiling in a dark or semi dark room. It will look grey.

For future visits to the forum, it will be very helpful to all of us if you would enter the Name of your BH&G product and the Version in your Signature. To enter the information in your signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the page by Log Out. In the drop-down box click Edit Signature. Enter your information and click Save Signature.

Thanks for your help. I will try your suggestions.
    Steve Mohn
    Architectural Home Designer 8.0
    Build: 8.4.0.66
    Pentium(R) 4 3.0 GHz with 1 GB Ram
    Windows XP Professional
    Service Pack 2 2002 version

You're welcome...

Thanks for adding the information to your signature.