Hybrid View

Roof dimensions showing in Plan

Been working on a plan for a week now, and today just out of the blue, the dimensions for the roof are stuck all over it.

How in the heck do you get rid of them? I have gone to the display options, looked all the roof stuff, unchecked the "display" on them to see if that would get rid of them, when that did not work I re-checked the box.

I have deleted the roof, re-built it, etc.

What the heck have I done or not done?
    Home Designer Pro 10

This is one of those strange gotchas that will almost always mess you up.

When you build roofs in pro, you have an option to "make roof baseline polylines" in the build roof dialog. Don't ever check this unless you know what you are doing.

Once you have made roof baseline polylines, they don't go away by themselves and by default your roof will build from the baselines instead of using your walls. This can be very useful in certain cases but most of the time it is just plain confusing.

Turning off the display of the baselines will probabably just make it even more confusing. Everytime you go to build the roof, you will still need to remember to turn off the "use existing roof baselines" or you might not get what you want.

You should go into the "delete obejcts" dialog and actually delete all of the roof baseline polylines. Then things should go back to normal.